Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rimmel Sexy Curves Review / Fav Mascara Combo


Today I will be raving about my current favorite mascara/mascara combo. I’m talking about Rimmel’s Sexy Curves Mascara. I picked this up a good while ago on a whim because Rimmel was %40 or maybe even %50 off, I don’t quite remember, at my local Walgreens. This mascara claims to give you 70% curlier and 7x fuller lashes, all of this with a 12 hour hold. It also claims to strengthen your lashes over time for a lash boosting effect (read complete claim here).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoy les hablaré un poco sobre la mascara y la combinación de mascaras que me tiene enamorada actualmente. Hablo sobre la Sexy Curves mascara de Rimmel. Un día que Rimmel estaba a %40 o %50, no estoy muy segura, de descuento en Walgreens y decidí comprarlo solo porque sí. Rimmel alega que esta mascara te dará pestañas %70 más rizadas y 7 veces más rellenas, todo esto con una capacidad de sostenerse por 12 horas. También alega que fortalece tus pestañas con el tiempo para un efecto estimulante a las pestañas.

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara in 003 Extreme Black



First of all, I love the bright purple packaging just like I like their similar moisture renew lipstick packaging. The formula is not overly dry or too wet like you would get if it was a Loreal mascara, so I find that you get the perfect effect out of a freshly open tube and there is no need to let it dry out a bit like I’ve had to do with some mascaras before. I must admit, I don’t get the purpose of the strangely looking brush, but it really doesn’t do anything negative for it, it doesn’t make it awkward to put on or makes it difficult to coat all your lashes. The brush is flexible and I like that it has short rubber bristles which work well at coating and separating nicely my lashes. But here goes the reason which makes me love this mascara the most, it definitely lifts and curls my lashes beautifully, not to mention it holds the curve amazingly! By amazingly I mean ALL day. I’m not claiming it gives me perfect lashes, because it does leave me a little to want in the fullness department but it gives me beautiful slightly longer than natural lashes for everyday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primero que todo me encanta el empaque violeta como el de sus pintalabios de la linea moisture renew. La fórmula de la mascara no es ni muy seca ni muy húmeda como he experimentado antes con algunas mascaras de Loreal, así que obtienes el efecto perfecto de un tubo acabado de abrir sin la necesidad de dejar que seque un poco antes de utilizarla. Tengo que admitir que no entiendo el objetivo de la forma extraña del aplicador pero no otorga nada negativo a la mascara ya que no hace extraña o difícil la aplicación. Pero ahora, la razón principal por la cual me encanta esta mascara, ¡levanta y riza mis pestañas muy bien y aguanta el rizo increíblemente! Al decir increíble me refiero que por el día COMPLETO. No estoy diciendo que me da las pestañas perfectas porque me deja algo que desear en el departamento de volumen, pero me da una pestañas un poquito mas largas de lo natural y hermosas para uso diario.

My lashes without any mascara.
My Lashes with Rimmel Sexy Curves
I mentioned that it does leave a little to want in the fullness department and my solution for that has become my favorite mascara combo. After applying two coats of my Sexy Curves mascara I like to apply one coat of Covergirl’s Lash Blast Volume mascara. This combination gives me the most amazing lashes mascara has ever given me, if Rimmel Sexy Curves wasn’t enough reason to rave for THIS combo definately is! Lash Blast Volume gives me the volume Sexy Curves is missing and with three coats of mascara my lashes don’t droop or feel stiff. Did I already say I love these together!?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mencioné que la mascara le falta algo con respecto al volumen que otorga y mi solución para esa falla se ha convertido en mi combinación favorita de mascaras. Después de aplicar dos capas de Sexy Curves me gusta aplicar una capa más de la mascara Lash Blast Volume de Covergirl. Esta combinación me da las pestañas más increíbles que me ha dado una mascara en mi vida! Si Sexy Curves no era mascara suficiente para poner por la nubes esta combinación definitivamente lo es! Lash Blast Volume otorga el volumen que le falta a Sexy Curves y con tres capas de mascara mis pestañas no decaen o se sienten rígidas. ¿¡Ya les dije que me encanta esta combinación?!

My lashes with two coats Sexy Curves and one coat Lash Blast Volume
:) Keymi


P.S. It would mean the world to me if you could vote for me for Top Latina Blogs, just click the link in the sidebar. 
P.D. Significaría mucho para mi si votaran por mi para Top Latina Blogs, solo dale un click al link que ven en el blog.

2 comments:

  1. I need to try this mascara--it looks like it would be nice for every day wear (I wonder if it comes in waterproof?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review. I feel like I have to run out and get one to try.

    Found your blog through beauty blog hop and following you :)

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete