Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Watermelon Inspired Nails



I’m all about summer colors these days and today I was inspired by some cooling watermelon colors. I had something along the lines of this in my head for a while and I really liked the contrast between matte and shiny. I hope you like it too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Estos días para mi han sido todo sobre colores veraniegos y hoy mi inspiración fueron los colores de la sandía. En estos días había tenido en mente algo como esto y en realidad me gustó bastante el contraste entre matte y brillo. Espero que les guste a ustedes también!

Here's what I used (From left to right) / Aquí lo sue utilizé (de izquierda a derecha) :
1. Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in 02 Green With Envy
2. Milani in 84 Green Glow
3. Elf Matte Finisher
4. Sinful Colors in 314 Beautiful Girl
5. Kiss Nail Art Paint

Step 1- Base Coat
Step 2- Paint your nails a base color of green (Green with Envy) which will be your matte color.
Step 3- Paint 1/3 of your nail with the another green color (Green Glow) which will remain with shine.
Step 4- Create four dots reducing in size on the side which shall be matte.
Step 5- Place the matte topcoat over the side on which you have created the dots.
Step 6- Create the pink stripe that separates both sides.
Step 7- Place a normal top coat on the side without the dots making sure to include the stripe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paso 1- Base
Paso 2- Pinta tus uñas un color base de verde (Green with Envy) que será tu color matte.
Paso 3- Pinta 1/3 de tu uña con otro tono de verde (Green Glow) que será el que se mantendrá con brillo.
Paso 4- Crea cuatro puntos de grande a pequeño en el lado que será matte.
Paso 5- Coloca una mano del color matte sobre el lado donde pintaste los puntos.
Paso 6- Crea una línea separando los dos lados con el color rosado.
Paso 7- Coloca una capa final normal en el lado donde no están los puntos.
:) Keymi

P.S. If you could think of a better name for these nails please let me know!
P.D. Si se les ocurre un mejor título para estas uñas déjenme saber!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute look!
    I like how you write the steps in spanish too since I'm learning it in school and I feel so cool knowing what it says hahaha
    :)

    bumblebeeuty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha at least finally somebody tells me they're reading the spanish part :) thanks sweetie! ;)

      Delete
  2. wow!! such soothing colours

    http://ray-connect.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! I'm loving them on my nails :) thanks for reading! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi there! Recently I switched my blog name/url from Faux Guru to The Mod Mermaid. For some reason, even though you are subscribed to my blog you can't see my posts unless you re-follow this new one. I promise this isn't spam and you don't have to refollow if you don't want to, I would just like to notify you:) You can delete this at your discretion! Thanks again! xxJess


    themodmermaid.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete